- I have been really good this week. Before I went grocery shopping on Sunday I went through my cookbooks and recipes to pick out a few things to make this week. I haven’t done that in a long time. To top it off, I’m actually making them. Something always gets in the way normally, a late meeting, a happy hour drink, a free concert. These somethings always cause me to get home later and wanting to spend zero time cooking and reaching for the Trader Joe’s Pot Stickers. I am out of pot stickers so I had to find some easy and quick recipes to replace them.
- Real Simple is pretty awesome at doing that, except they always seem to require some ingredient that I don’t have and won’t have much need for after one recipe. This recipe for Cheese Ravioli with Toasted Walnuts requires all staples (at least in my kitchen) although I did change up the cheese because, for once, I didn’t have Parmesan on hand. It was really good and quick to make. Perfect for after a long meeting.
- Cheese Ravioli with Toasted Walnuts
- 1 14-ounce package frozen cheese ravioli
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic,diced
- 1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice (one lemon fresh squeezed)
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp dry flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup grated Asiago Cheese
- Cook the ravioli according to the package directions. Drain, reserving 3 tablespoons of the cooking water.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and walnuts. Cook, stirring, until the nuts are lightly toasted and fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the lemon juice, ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper, the parsley, and the reserved cooking water.
- Add the ravioli and toss to coat. Divide among plates and sprinkle with the Parmesan.