I have not made brussel sprouts in a long time. Try over 10 years ago in some high school home ec class, (the closes to domestication I ever got). That was the first time I ever tried them too. I remember we steamed them and I did liking them, mom was shocked. After that I’ve had them here and there, but never really sought them out. I have been really excited to make something with them and have collected several recipes. These past few weeks I have been having the same issue with brussel sprouts that I was having with carrots, and kept forgetting about them.
I finally roasted some up and they were delicious and I always remembered. I used a recipe from poppytalk but I cut the spouts amount in half but otherwise I stuck pretty close to the recipe. I hope you like them.
|I know they don’t look amazing, but they are!|
Spicy Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- 1/2 lb brussels sprouts
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Trim the sprouts by cutting off the stem end and peeling back a layer of leaves. Cut the sprouts in half.
- Soak sprouts in a bowl of cold water, giving them a good shake so that any dirt falls to the bottom of the bowl.
- Scoop out the sprouts and dry them with a clean tea towel. Place on a cookie sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
- Use your hands to roll the sprouts around so that all the sprouts get evenly coated. Sprinkle with salt (I like tobe generous here) and the aleppo pepper or cayenne.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, giving the tray a shake once or twice, until crispy and tender. Serve immediately.