I hope everyone had a great Memorial Day weekend! Mine was pretty slow. I was a bit tired still from the trip home still and all the excitement of finally leaving my old job and starting my new one, (more on that later)! Plus, the weather was a bit unpredictable with rain and storms, so we didn’t plan much. A few of us went to see Moonrise Kingdom and in the end, Monday was really nice and we biked out to Rockaway Beach. Saturday night was nice and calm out, minus the damn bugs. I decided it was time to bust out the grill for the summer with a turkey burger and grilled veggies.
For once, the recipe is all mine, maybe I got the idea from somewhere, the previous trials maybe? I also went to the farmers markets this weekend for the first time in awhile and picked up some zucchini to grill up too with a bit of salt, pepper, and olive oil. Bottom line, I wanted something tasty and quick and this was perfect. I would add some black pepper or something with a bit of kick to the turkey patty next time and a bit more dill. The muenster cheese is perfect for melting on burgers, it stays together and the flavor is great with this particular burger. OH! And the dill was from my herbs that I planted! They are still alive, probably more because of my roommate and the rain than me.
Turkey Burger with Dill & Green Pepper
- 4 ounces ground turkey
- 1/8 cup diced green pepper
- 2 tsp fresh dill
- 1/2 fresh avocado
- 1 tsp mayonnaise
- 1 slice of muenster cheese
- 1 bun
- salt and pepper
- Heat the grill to medium heat (if you have a gas grill anyway).
- Mix together the ground turkey, green pepper, and dill in a small bowl. Form into a 1/2″ thick patty and grill for 5 to 7 minutes on each side.
- While the burger is on the grill, mash the avocado with the mayonnaise and add salt and pepper to taste.
- When the burger is a couple minutes shy of being done, place the cheese on the burger to melt it and your bun directly on the grill if you like it toasted. Grill for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Place burger on bun and spread your avocado mixture on top.