Everyone has been posting their favorite summer salads up lately and I have been enjoying several different variations this summer. I am especially hooked on adding fruit to salads like strawberries and oranges. I am also big on avocado and arugula right now. I mean how do you really go wrong with any of those things? This combination is my current favorite creation. I first tried it with an orange, kind of copying this Kale Salad, then I didn’t have any oranges but I did have a peach and it was AMAZING! I’m sure it’s great with other fruits. Try it, try it, thy it!
Orange and Avocado with Turkey Salad
- 1 1/2 cups baby spinach
- 1 1/2 cups arugula
- 1 navel orange- remove peal and cut into 1/2 inch chunks ( or 1 peach cut into chunks)
- 1/2 fresh avocado- cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- 2 oz. (2- or 3 slices) Roasted Turkey Breast cut into 1/2 in chunks
- 1/2 pepper- I prefer red, but had green this last round
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Toss all ingredients except the honey, oil, salt and pepper together.
- Drizzle with honey and olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.