Yes. Yes it is one more squash post. Please don’t abandon me. I promise to mix it up, but as mentioned, I have a crush on squash. And this one is really good! I promise. I started with a recipe from Real Simple that I found in my binder. I switched out the butternut squash for Delicata and the second time around, I used a yellow onion. Still tastes great. The fun part is, the second time I made it, I got to use my new food processor for the first time. I think I am in love!
- 1 pound store-bought pizza crust
- 1 medium Delicata Squash—peeled, seeded, and cubed in 1/4 inch pieces
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups grated extra-sharp Cheddar (6 ounces)
- Heat oven to 425° F. Place crust on baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, toss the squash, onion, pine nuts, thyme, 1 tablespoon of the oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Scatter over the dough and sprinkle with the cheese. Bake until golden brown and crisp, 20 to 25 minutes.