On a it-could-be-much-hotter-so-be-happy Saturday in July. Christian, Angela and I rode our bikes out to the Aviator Sports Center at Floyd Bennett Field. We had signed up in the cool early spring with a Living Social deal to do the 5K Color Mob. It was pretty fun, but here are a few notes:
- It’s probably way more fun if you have a kid.
- You have to pay for the bag check and water at the end of the run (yeah wtf that one)…
- and it starts at 1PM, so it’s pretty hot running on the tarmac.
- It is not a continuous spraying of colored corn starch, you go through 4 or so check points where they have the color.
- You will be disgusting at the end and may look like an avatar.
- The looks you get from people after the fact, may be more entertaining than the run itself.
After the run, we went over the bridge to Rockaway Beach and took a dip in the ocean after some Rockaway Taco. We thought the salt water might help scrub off the color. It helped a bit but I was still pretty blue, but there were less double takes on the ride home. Here are some pictures for your entertainment. Enjoy!