I think I saw a post of it on instagram, I’m not entirely sure, but I saw it somewhere and decided I wanted to make Eggnog French Toast. I like eggnog, The Sexy Master Electrician likes french toast. He didn’t not like french toast the last time I made it, but it wasn’t the best either, so I figured I would up my game and actually look at a recipe.
I found the one linked above with a raspberry sauce and was sold. It was easy, it didn’t have to sit over night and I could easily cut the recipe in half. I thought it was delicious. TSME is thinking that maybe he doesn’t really like french toast as much as he thought. Or mine all suck. Either way you should give it a try, apparently everyone is this season. As I was running through my Feedly that I had neglected since Thanksgiving, I came across several posts on eggnog french toast. I still think this one is one the best looking.
Makes 2 to 4 servings (6 bread slices)
- 3/4 to 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 tsp cornstarch dissolved in 1/2 Tbsp cold water
- 6 slices bread
- 2 eggs
- 1 cups eggnog
- 1 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Start the raspberry sauce first: heat the raspberries, water, and honey in a small saucepan over low heat.
- When the mixture resembles a thin sauce and is slightly bubbling around the edges, add the dissolved cornstarch and water and stir to combine. Continue to heat for a few minutes so that the cornstarch thickens the sauce just slightly.
- Remove from heat and let stand while you prep the French Toast. If you want a thicker sauce, add more cornstarch.
- To make the french toast: Preheat your skillet over medium heat.
- Whisk the eggs, eggnog, flour, vanilla, and cinnamon together until mostly smooth.
- When the skillet is hot, place a small pat of butter on it to melt.
- Dip each slice of bread in the egg mixture and flip back and forth several times to fully saturate. Place the dipped bread on the hot, buttered skillet and fry for about 5 minutes, flip once, and fry for another 5 minutes or until both sides are evenly golden brown.
- Plate the individual slices of French toast and top with the raspberry sauce and sprinkle with powdered sugar.