I’ve been on a recipe sharing kick lately, but it is the season for cooking and I have come across some good one, so I had to share this one as well. As you know, I love squash. And Arugula. So what could be better than putting them together? Nothing, it’s that simple, so when ELR posted this recipe, it went to the top of my make list. I like to think it’s pretty healthy, and it’s not that bad. Give it a try. You will love it.
Roasted Squash and Arugula Salad with Ginger Orange Vinaigrette
- 2 cups baby arugula
- about 3/4 cups chopped and peeled delicata squash (half of a squash)
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- juice of 1/2 orange
- 1/4″ knob of fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- pinch of salt
- squeeze of honey
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with tin foil and lightly spray with a nonstick cooking spray. Scatter the squash on, sprinkle with a little salt and place in the oven to roast for about 30 minutes, until golden and tender. Remove and let cool slightly.
- While the squash is roasting make the dressing. Combine the olive oil, fresh ginger, orange juice, salt and honey in a small bowl or mason jar. Stir or shake until well combined.
- Place arugula on a plate and top with goat cheese and cooled squash. Drizzle with dressing.